WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ATTHECROSS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ATTHECROSS > Topics

Subject: Member of God's Family?
Replies: 10 Views: 309

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:03pm
Our possession of the Holy Spirit is the very essence of what it means to be a Christian. If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ (Romans 8:9). Those who belong to Christ have the Holy Spirit living within them. Moreover, if you have Him indwelling you, you will live like Him (vv. 10-13). *

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:03pm
We know that we are true Christians because of the Holy Spirits presence in us, and because our lives have been changed by His indwelling presence.

Moreover, we have a new status and relationship with God. All those who being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God (v. 14). We have a new relationship to God; we are members of His family. Paul speaks of our being sons, sonship, children, heirs, and co-heirs with Christ (vv. 15-23).

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:04pm
John Calvin said, All who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God; all the sons of God are heirs of eternal life; and therefore all who are led by the Spirit of God ought to feel assured of eternal life.

We are His children by the new birth, and the status of adopted children.

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:04pm
Let me be very clear, not everyone is a member of Gods family. We are all His creatures having been created by God, but only those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. Those who are not led by the Spirit are not Christians, and therefore not His spiritual children.

Jesus made this fact clear in John 8:39-47. Specifically note what Jesus says, If God were your Father, you would love Me; for I proceeded forth and have come from God. . . He sent Me. . . You are from your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your Father. . . . He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God (vv. 42, 44, 47).

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:05pm
Only those who possess the Holy Spirit and are led by Him are the children of God. Indeed, Paul is telling us that all believers in Jesus Christ are members of Gods family. *

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:05pm
In the passage above Jesus says there has been a radical change in our status with God. We have been delivered from Satans realm to Gods family. We were children of the devil, but now we are children of God. We are in Adam, but now we are in Christ. We were dead in trespasses and sin, but now we are alive in Christ Jesus. We have received eternal life. We were unrighteous sinners, but now we have been clothed with the righteousness of God in Christ. We were slaves who have been eman ted by the redemption that is ours in Christ Jesus. We are children of God by a spiritual birth. He has placed us as full-grown children by adoption in His family.

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:06pm
This new relationship with God in His family is something He did for us in His grace. God imparted to us this new life and status when we repented and believed on Him as our Savior. The new birth gives us this new spiritual life. The Holy Spirit stirs and quickens our hearts to cause us to repent and to love God. It is such a radical change that we observe a renewing of our minds after Gods things, our emotional responses to Gods Spirit and our volitional choices are the outcome of this new mindset.

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:07pm
The Holy Spirit uses His Word, the Bible, to convict us of sin, Gods righteousness, and causes us to be born spiritually into Gods family. Then a Christians He uses His Word to guide us in the Christian life.

When the Holy Spirit renews your mind, you will demonstrate it by the way you live.

rider13 24.07.10 - 04:07pm
Have you experienced in your life this radical change that God brings about when He makes us His children? Where is the evidence that you are now a child of God? Do you love Him? Do you love the things of God? Do you love His Word? Are you trying to please Him? Is the Spirit leading you? Are you sub to His will? Jesus said, If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. If you are a member of His family you will bear resemblance to Him in all you do. *

monarch5 25.07.10 - 12:10pm
Amen! I pray you are wellhug.GIFyou are always in my thoughts and prayer7 debs *

rider13 25.07.10 - 10:09pm
Thank you for the good thoughts ! *

* ATTHECROSS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ATTHECROSS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search