WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ATTHECROSS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ATTHECROSS > Topics

Subject: **LET'S SUPPOSE**
Replies: 5 Views: 344

rider13 7.08.10 - 08:13pm
Do you often play the game Lets Suppose? It goes like this: we imagine all the negative things that can possibly happen to us around a given set of cir tances in our lives. Suppose I lose my job. Suppose I get cancer. Suppose I lose my mind. Suppose You get the idea.

The Hebrew prophet Habakkuk saw the events in his day as Babylonians came knocking on the front door of Jerusalem. Lets suppose, the fig tree does not bud (3:17).

Suppose, There are no grapes on the vines.

rider13 7.08.10 - 08:14pm
Suppose, The olive crop fails.

Suppose, The fields produce no food.

Suppose, There are no sheep in the pen.

Suppose, There are no cattle in the stalls (v.17).

How would you have responded to these supposings if they were taking place in your life?

Habakkuk did not have the solution, so he confidently handed them over to the Lord. He was confident of the unchanging attributes of God. God comes from Teman, and the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah. His splendor covers the heavens, and the earth is full of His praise. His radiance is like the sunlight; He has rays flashing from His hand, and there is the hiding of His power. Before Him goes pestilence, and plague comes after Him. He stood and surveyed the earth; He looked and startled the nations. Yes, the perpetual mountains were shattered, the ancient hills collapsed. His ways are everlasting (Habakkuk 3:3-6, NASB 1995).

rider13 7.08.10 - 08:15pm
Habakkuk was saying in effect, Lets suppose the LORD God is greater than all of these other supposings of the storm of life.

The prophet summarized his conclusions with these words. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer. He enables me to go on the heights (v. 19, NIV).

rider13 7.08.10 - 08:16pm
Yeh, but God

But lets suppose that the Bible really is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.

But lets suppose that what God has revealed about Himself is absolute truth.

But lets suppose the LORD God is the sovereign One over the events of the world.

But lets suppose He did create the heavens and the earth.

But lets suppose Jesus is the God incarnate, God with us.

But lets suppose He did come to this earth and live a perfect life according to the righteousness of God.

But lets suppose Christ died for our sins as a divine substitute on the cross paying the debt for all our sins.

rider13 7.08.10 - 08:17pm
But lets suppose God justifies the sinner who believes on Jesus Christ as his Savior.

But let us suppose that the eternal God is our refuge, our shield and our strength, and all other philosophies of religion and humanism are false and useless.

Therefore, let every knee bow, of those in heaven and earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD to the glory of God the Father.

The next time you are inclined to play Lets Suppose, turn the tables in your mind, and walk by faith trusting in the LORD God to enable you to see your cir tances from His perspective.

rider13 12.08.10 - 01:54am
I am preaching to myself in this article. It is hard to stay the path, especially when it seems all is lost. *

* ATTHECROSS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ATTHECROSS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search