WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ATTHECROSS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ATTHECROSS > Topics

Subject: HELP!!
Replies: 7 Views: 375

misqt57 27.04.09 - 06:35pm
there are times wn i feel great unease and decide to pray. After praying about it, i feel indifferent and sometimes i feel as though i cnt find the words i cn use to express my feelings efficiently. Is there a specific approach i should have to prayer? *

n1ck 29.04.09 - 10:40pm
I have experienced this before. It seems like what you are experiencing is an emptiness, and you feel like God is a million miles away. It feels as though God is not answering your prayers.

There may be some sin in your life that is causing a separation between you and God. God may not be hearing your prayers because of this sin. And the feelings of uneasiness may be as a result of your spiritual drought and the separation from God. *

n1ck 29.04.09 - 10:50pm
There are no magic words or formulas that make prayer effective. Prayer is a personal conversation with God in which you share your thoughts and feelings with God and seek His guidance, give Him thanks and praise, and ask for His hand in your life. I suggest to speak with an anointed Christian or minister who might be able to point out something that you may be doing or something in your life that is displeasing to God. It may be something that the Holy Spirit may have convicted you of for a while that you ignored or put off, which has caused this spiritual trough you are going through. *

n1ck 29.04.09 - 10:52pm
Remember Proverbs 15:29 says God is far from the wicked but He hears the prayer of the righteous. But Psalm 107:12 also says that God will regard the prayer of the destitute. *

n1ck 29.04.09 - 10:57pm
My advice is spend every free moment, as much time as possible in prayer and in God's Word, and even fast, and call out to God without quitting until God shows you what is causing this separation. Ask Him to point out and show you any sin in your life that needs to be repented of. He will tell you through His Word and convict you by His Spirit. *

n1ck 29.04.09 - 10:58pm
All of the answers are in God's Word. May God hear your calls and I will be praying for you also. *

misqt57 30.04.09 - 07:24am
Thank you so much for your advice. You have made me open up a wider scope of reasons as to why I have this problem and how I can solve it. I am a prayerful christian but quite recently, a few events caused me to fall back in my faith and at this point, when I prayed i felt no connection btn God and I, I also felt as if even though i prayed, my prayers would remain unanswered. I told a few prayerful friends about this and they advised me to continue praying until i felt the connection again. A couple of weeks ago, i decided to pray until i felt a connection with God. I did feel a connection, but it wasnt as strong as it had been before. Thank you so much for your advice, I will pray forgiveness of any sin that might have been the root of the problem and hopefully, I would have solved this. Thank you for praying for me as well! *

n1ck 1.05.09 - 07:51am
Youre welcome smile.GIF You know the important thing is to keep your faith in God's sufficiency when you are experiencing trials and tribulations and temptations. Jesus said we would face these things. When we are put through trials and temptations it can sometimes be that God lets you alone for a bit, but He is never out of reach and He promises in His Word that He will never allow us to be tempted beyond our capacity to resist and overcome. Job is an excellent example. God allowed Satan to put him through fierce trials, and Job would have also felt as though God was far from him. But he never questioned God and never lost faith. Job is an example to all of us. *

* ATTHECROSS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ATTHECROSS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search