Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ATTHECROSS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ATTHECROSS > Topics

Subject: Is Eternal Security Biblical?
Replies: 21 Views: 1034

ray777 6.09.09 - 08:25am
Is eternal security Biblical?

Answer: When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their eternal security. Jude 24 declares, To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy. God's power is able to keep the believer from falling. It is up to Him, not us, to present us before His glorious presence. Our eternal security is a result of God keeping us, not us maintaining our own salvation.

The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can sna*ch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can sna*ch them out of my Father's hand (John 10:28-29b). Both Jesus and the Father have us firmly grasped in their hand. Who could possibly separate us from the grip of both the Father and the Son?

Ephesians 4:30 tells us that believers are sealed for the day of redemption. If believers did not have eternal security, the sealing could not truly be unto the day of redemption, but only to the day of sinning, apostasy, or disbelief. John 3:15-16 tells us that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will have eternal life. If a person were to be promised eternal life, but then have it taken away, it was never eternal to begin with. If eternal security is not true, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39, For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Our eternal security is based on God's love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

ray777 6.09.09 - 09:07am
Yes, We still need to Work on our Own Salvation, but that's because We Love Our Lord and Want To Please Him, and we are earning our rewards n hopefully crowns following OUR FATHER'S WILL~ Amen *

monarch5 28.09.09 - 02:36pm
Amenpray.GIFno one can take Jesus away from me. No one. *

endtimes 5.10.09 - 05:26am
Amen sheep.GIF *

mjully 8.10.09 - 08:50am
He who wants to follow me must deny himself carry his cross and follow me.we have to luve a holy life because our Father is Holy. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 02:39pm
Amen to that mjully *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 02:44pm
I too believe in the doctrine of security of salvation, but remember, security of salvation is only for those who have assurance of salvation.

We must not confuse security of salvation with assurance of salvation. They are two different things. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 02:57pm
Let me explain further. Not everybody who believes themselves to be saved is saved. Look at what Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:04pm
Jesus clearly said that there will be people who think they are Christians and saved, and yet they will not be saved. He says that only those who do the will of God will be saved.

you see, the EVIDENCE that you really are saved is that you do the will of God. You will see if you read chapter 7 that Jesus talks about fruit, and He says that a good tree does not bear bad fruit and a bad tree does not bear good fruit. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:09pm
You know that there are a lot of people who call themselves Christians, and yet they behave just as poorly as any unbeliever. There are some who believe that because they prayed a prayer 5 years ago and asked Jesus to come into their heart, that they are saved and they are going to heaven. And they live as though God never gave them a law to live by. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:14pm
Salvation is not a like a flu shot. Its not a case of saying, well I prayed that prayer so I am saved. Its much more than that. Salvation is a supernatural work of God. As stated in the first post of this topic, it is God who saves us, not us who earn our own salvation. No, salvation is by grace, and by faith and repentance. Ezekiel explains this well in chapter 36. God saves us and changes us, He takes out our heart of stone and replaces it with a heart that loves God. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:17pm
''Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.'' 2 Corinthians 5:17 *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:22pm
So when we are truly saved, we are made new by God - born again. Whereas we used to love sin, we now hate it and cannot continue doing it. That is evidence that our salvation is true, that we have assurance of salvation. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:26pm
I want to take you quickly to 2 Corinthians chapter 13. Paul is visiting a church. He finds that the church is in sin, that they profess to be Christians but yet they are not living as Christians ought to. Look at what Paul tells them in 2 Corinthians 13:5

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:33pm
Paul doesnt say to them, ''hey guys you are saved Christians and you shouldn't behave like this.''

Paul goes straight to the issue and he tells them, EXAMINE YOURSELVES. Test yourselves to see if you really are saved. You think you are a Christian? You think you are saved yet you live in sin? No, examine yourselves, because if Christ is in you, you wouldnt behave this way. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:37pm
So then how do you examine yourself to see if you really are saved? How can you have ASSURANCE that you are saved?

The only way is to compare yourself to scripture. Dont go according to gut feel or you think you are saved. Ask yourself, how does my life measure up to how the Bible says a child of God will live? *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:40pm
The first epistle of John, 1 John, contains no less than 11 tests to see if you have assurance, to test yourself whether you can be assured that you really have been saved. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 03:47pm
I have posted an in depth study of these tests in a topic in my group ReasonForHope. You can find it here:

http://twilightwap.com/groups/topics2.asp?sid=n1xv21125020530&gid=22576&tid=37157 Assurance of Salvation

n1ck 31.10.09 - 04:09pm
An example of one of these tests:

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: - 1 John 1:5-6

If we walk in the light (i.e. a life of repentance and conformance to God's will), then we have assurance we are saved. But, if we walk in darkness (i.e. live sinful lives), John is saying that we are not in fellowship with God, and are not saved.

Remember, we are talking about EVIDENCE of salvation. Things that we will do automatically as a style of life once we are saved. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 04:11pm
Does that mean that if we sin at all that we are not saved? No of course not. But if you continue to walk in sin WITHOUT REPENTANCE, there is a good chance you are not saved and you have no assurance. *

n1ck 31.10.09 - 04:17pm
To conclude, yes when we are truly saved then we have security of salvation and God will keep us on the narrow path. And when we step off the path, God will discipline His children and put them back on the path.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: - Philippians 1:6

But before you get into your comfort zone, remember that security of salvation is only for the truly saved, who have assurance of their true conversion. God bless. *

canuck 5.11.09 - 02:31am
1Timothy 3:13 There Is No Safety For Those Who Wander Away From Obedience To The Faith. *

* ATTHECROSS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ATTHECROSS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search